Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fashion meme

I'm posting yet another meme from And-Old-Lace, who I know from over on LiveJournal. It just seemed like a lot of fun. One thing about me- I do love me some fashion. It's my current obsession and has been for a while.

A: What accessories do you wear everyday?
My watch. I've got a great fondness for watches of all types, but in particular I love my Invicta. It's a men's tank style chronograph, black face, silver case and trim, black band.

B: What is your beauty routine?

I wash my face with Cetaphil. Hair is conditioned most days with this all natural leave in conditioner, then thrown back in a headband most days, cause it's a funky length and growing back. I'm just not into the whole putting a face on thing.

C: What was the last item of clothing (for yourself) that you purchased?

Sadly, a very boring and practical cuddledud type long underwear shirt for layering. Hey, I was cold.

D: Do you use a dresser, closet, or both?

I have a small closet, 3/4 of a huge dresser and a big rubbermaid tub down in the storage room. The curse of my life is inadequate storage.

E: What type of earrings are in your ears right now?

None. I never wear them.

F: What type of figure do you have (measurements)?
pear. 46-41-51, so, slightly pear shaped, with a thicker middle.

G: Do you wear glasses?
yes

H: What type of handbag do you carry?

I've got several that I rotate, different styles. My current favorite is a shoulder bag completely covered in glass beads. That sucker weighs like 10 pounds, before I put even a lip balm into it, but it's so cool.

I: What is your ideal style?

I love an eclectic look. Right now I'm rocking a seventies secretary/rocker chick kind of look.

J: What is your favorite brand of jeans?

None. i have yet to find a brand or style of jeans that can do for my figure what even a rather mediocre dress can do.

K: Do you wear knee-hi stockings?

I wouldn't say never. I do own a pair, but I haven't put them on in a good two years.

L: Do you *have* to wear matching lingerie?

No. I understand the impulse, but given my larger bra size (40DD), I have to go with the bra that is supportive rather than pretty and I just can't make myself wear plain beige panties to match.

M: Do you wear makeup?

Almost never. It makes me break out.

N: Do you wear nightgowns?

Jammies only kind of girl. I can't stand the way nightgowns ride up while I sleep.

O: What outerwear do you put on when going out on a typical winters day?

That depends if I'm heading out on bike or not. If I'm going on on bike, I generally look like this. If I'm heading out on foot, I'll wear my new dress coat


P: What is your favorite perfume?

Guerlain Mitsouko

Q: Is your motto "quality over quantity" when it comes to clothing and accessories?

I like them both, but I guess a little bit more of the quantity. I get bored with clothes fairly easily.

R: Do you wear rain boots?

Never found a pair that didn't look bad on my calves of might.

S: Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold?

Socks are more handy. I think I own a pair of slippers.

T: Do you have a set of travel luggage?

Does this imply a matching set? In this case, no. I've got a smaller size rolly suitcase. I travel with that and a large purse as carry on. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't go.

U: What is your daily uniform?

Summer- dress, cardigan if the dress is sleeveless and I'm going to work, matching shoes.
Winter- dress, such sweater or underlayers as the cold requires, tights, boots.

V: If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress? If not, how did you do your hair?

No. I hated the symbolism. I wore a fresh flower clip in my hair. Which I hated and still makes me cringe when I look at wedding pictures. I was going to just let it dry curly and my mom forced me to go to her hair dresser, who proceeded to blow dry, poof, shellack and generally ruin my hair.

W: Do you wear a watch?

Always. I collect them actually. I've got several and have my eye on a number more.

X: What item of clothing always makes you feel beautiful?

I'd rather be interesting than beautiful or pretty any day.

Y: What is your favorite type of yarn?

Koigu Painters palette premium merino

Z: Do you prefer zippers or buttons?

In theory, buttons, in practice, zippers.

What's your fashion style?

No comments: