Sunday, December 6, 2009

Something to share

I know it's been a while since I've written in the blog, but I found this and I had to share.


There must be always in everyone's life some place for the singing of angels. Some place for that which in itself is breathlessly beautiful. Some place that throws all the rest of life in a new and creative relatedness. Something that rescues all experience from drab and common-place areas of living, and glows in one bright white light of penetrating beauty and meaning.

The common-place is shot through with new glory. Old burdens become lighter. Deep and ancient wounds lose much of their old, old hurting. Despite all the crassness of life, despite all the harshness of life, despite all the harsh discords of life, life is saved by the singing of angels.

Howard Thurman.



I hope you hear some singing of the angels in your life this holiday season.

Rose

No comments: