Monday, December 14, 2009

wanting pink

Maybe it's just that it's been so dreary and gray here, but I've found myself obsessed with pink lately. Honestly, I'm not much of pink kind of girl. I hated the color when I was younger, only having warmed up to at all in my later years. Even now, I tend to favor the deeper, almost raspberry shades of it if wearing it. I tend to avoid the pastel versions. Despite that, I've been yearning for pink this last month, of all shades and tone.



I've been dreaming of a pink kitchen, just like this one I saw on Apartment Therapy. Maybe once the expenses of the Christmas season are over, I can start to save up to transform my little, dark kitchen, with it's blue-gray counters and floors into something bright and cheerful like this. So far all I've been able to do is buy one of those floral thermos flasks on eBay. Another pink kitchen I like on Apartment Therapy. And yup, another one of those floral thermos flasks.








Though I'm trying not to solve my mood problems with shopping, I did buy myself a new pair of pink boots. They're Crocs. I know. Was that a pink pig I just saw fly by? I'm hoping that the rubber bottoms will keep my feet dry in this winter that has been pretty wet so far, and the lovely pink color will lift my spirits. Sadly, I missed out on the bright berry pink pair and had to settle for the pale pink pair.




I want to move here. Right now. Right past winter and Christmas and into spring and white dogwoods and a little pink house. And a pink that's just right. Not too screamingly flamingo, but not so baby pale that you might mistake it for white. Picture by Catface3. I don't know who owns the house, but I envy them.




I've been reading Casapinka a lot lately. I love her style and reading her archives has kept me busy most of the weekend.


Isn't this a charming couple? Isn't the lady lovely in her pink kimono? I found them this morning at the thrift store, for $.49 each. They're salt and pepper shakers and were actually used as such. When I cleaned them up, there was still salt and pepper inside them.








Adorable pink kitty nose by Lissalou66. Don't you just want to kiss it? I wonder how she got the picture? Any time I try and get a closeup of my sleeping cat, she wakes up and walks away. Very camera shy, my cat.

No comments: