Sunday, January 17, 2010

New Socks!


In addition to the afghan I've been working on, I finished a pair of socks for myself. It was kind of exciting becauseI haven't finished a project for myself in some time. I've been doing so much charity knitting (Last month, I sent off dozens of hats to the Dulann Project). And then there's gift knitting I've done as well, little Christmas presents for friends at work, which sadly, I didn't get photos of.

So a finished pair of socks was exciting.

The yarn is mini mochi by Crystal Palace. In the ball it seemed a lot more pink and a lot less blue and purple but overall, I'm pretty happy with the result. As for the pattern, I hate to be vague, but I've been knitting socks with this pattern for so long, I'm not even sure if it is a proper pattern written up any where. I've made, well, I can't even tell you how many socks I've made with this pattern over the years. I've lost count.

It's a simple pattern. 72 stitches on the needles. Double points, thankyouverymuch. I've never been able to make the various circular needle techniques work for me. My sister is very much into socks on two circulars and always goes on about how much she hates double points and wonders how I can even use them. If you ask me, this is just another illustration of the fact that there is no one right way to knit. Circs work best for her, DPs work best for me.

I've got another pair of socks on the needles, just started. And I'm done with the afghan, but no photos as yet. Soon, I promise. And I've bought yarn for another crochet afghan, which I'll start as soon as the yarn arrives in the mail. Ah, yes, it feels good to be back at the needles after spending nearly the whole summer and most of the fall without doing a bit of hand work.

No comments: